Animal Care Attendant
The Animal Care Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the dogs within the pet resort. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the pet resort.
Under direction of the Kennel Supervisor, provides for the constant cleanliness of suites and yards and the proper feeding and care of all dogs.
To observe dogs appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness and discontent.
• To thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas of the pet resort as often as is necessary.
• To feed the required types and amounts of food to the dogs
• To take charge and/or handle animals as required and to restrain hard to control dogs.
• To perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
• Follow the pet resort procedures.
• Make sure dogs are clean and performing general bathing duties
• Recognize and records any unusual condition or abnormal behavior of any dog.
• Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to kennel supervisor or kennel manager.
• Feed each dog as instructed and record appetites.
• Receive dogs to be admitted for pet resort care and is responsible for their proper identification and for recording their respective locations.
• Make sure suites and dogs are properly numbered and identified.
• Cleans and sanitizes all suites, yards, and related areas.
• Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
• Perform general cleaning.
• Empty trash.
• Maintain equipment used to complete job assignments and keeping such equipment and tools in good working condition. Notifying management as to major repairs needed or new equipment necessary to adequately complete assignments. Keep equipment and tools put away in proper storage areas.
Skills and Knowledge:
Apply knowledge and skills in controlling/handling individual dog temperament. Have ability to gain dog confidence when restraining them for grooming and/or treatment.
Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Frequently requires handling of materials up to 50 lbs. Additionally, handle dogs weighing up to 150 lbs. Walking and/or standing for long periods. Frequently work in a bent position. Maybe required to use strength or agility in capturing and restraining stronger, more active dogs.
Working Conditions: Work is normally performed inside; some outside work is required. Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises. Exposure to scratches and animal wastes.
Knowledge of: Cleaning and disinfecting methods and the use and care of cleaning materials and equipment. Proper methods of dog restraint.
Ability To: Use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency. Perform moderately heavy physical labor. Learn to administer medications and recognize abnormal conditions. Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
Education: High School Diploma
Knowledge of: Basic dog behavior
Experience: Previous experience in a related field preferred
The position reports directly to the Manager.
Email resumes to email@example.com, no phone calls please.